According to coach Julian Nagelsmann, FC Bayern does not have a starting eleven guarantee for Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting either, despite his recent strong performances. A decision on reinforcements in the attack is said to have been made. The news and rumors from Munich can be found here.
Here you will find more news about the German record champions.
FC Bayern – News: No starting XI guarantee for Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting
Two games, three goals and two assists: Despite his outstanding record, Bayern Munich’s new goalkeeper Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting is threatened with the bank’s place in the Bundesliga game at TSG Hoffenheim on Saturday (3:30 p.m.).
“We have to see. He’s not in the rhythm after all this time and can’t play 70 or 80 minutes every three days,” said coach Julian Nagelsmann after the 5-2 (1-1) win in the DFB Cup at FC Augsburg .
Choupo-Moting played a key role in the record winner’s entry into the round of 16 on Wednesday evening with two goals and an assist. The 33-year-old had previously triumphed in the top Bundesliga game against SC Freiburg (5-0). In both games he totaled 150 minutes – almost as many as in the previous 15 games of the season (167 minutes).
“Choupo did very well again, like against Freiburg. He continued his training performance, which is not so easy,” praised Nagelsmann: “We are very happy that he is in our squad.”
However, the attacker’s contract expires in the summer. “Let’s let Choupo play a bit now,” said sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic: “He does it very well, we know what we have in him – and he, what he has in us.”
FC Bayern – Rumor: No new center forward in winter
Since the departure of Robert Lewandowski, FC Bayern has been discussing whether a new centre-forward is needed in the record champions’ squad. Now, at least for the rest of the season, a decision should have been made on this matter.
As picture reported, the club leadership around board boss Oliver Kahn and sports director Hasan Salihamidzic decided not to sign a new nine in the winter transfer window either.
Accordingly, the squad on the offensive has enough quality to achieve the goals set in the current season.
The newspaper goes on to say that this decision also has something to do with the fact that Thomas Müller was recently more active on the front friend. In addition, Eric-Maxim Choupo-Moting has recently played a good role in the center forward position.
Honorary President Uli Hoeneß recently fueled the discussion again and explained that the current team is missing a nine.
FC Bayern – Rumor: The plan with Lucas Hernández
Central defender Lucas Hernández is said to be on the verge of returning to Bayern Munich’s team training after tearing a muscle bundle in the game against FC Barcelona in September.
Again table football reported, the stated goal is to get him fit again for the World Cup in Qatar. It was therefore agreed with the French national coach Didier Deschamps that Hernández should play in the last two Bundesliga games of the calendar year against Werder Bremen (November 8) and Schalke (November 12) before L’Équipe tricolore .
In addition, the trade journal reports on plans to extend the contract with Hernández, which expires in 2024, ahead of schedule. It is said that the 26-year-old’s advisor has already been spoken to. Hernández switched from Atletico Madrid to the Isar for the 2019 season for a Munich record transfer fee of 80 million euros.
FC Bayern – News: Reactions to Ryan Gravenberch
“The situation is not easy for me, of course I want to play.” Bayern newcomer Ryan Gravenberch recently commented publicly on his short tenure at FC Bayern – not for the first time. The defensive midfielder is behind Joshua Kimmich, Leon Goretzka and Leon Sabitzer in the hierarchy – and is therefore probably worried about his participation in the World Cup.
Sports director Hasan Salihamidzic has now spoken up. “There was a conversation with Julian Nagelsmann two days ago,” he revealed. The 20-year-old has to be patient: “Ryan is an excellent player. We know that we will enjoy him a lot. But there are times when you play less.”
Julian Nagelsmann made a similar statement to Sky after defeating Augsburg: “It’s not that easy for a young player to get in at 20 and then he only has 20 minutes. It’s just a completely different approach.”
The player is “of course sad that he plays little, but not at all frustrated or angry”. Gravenberch is “a very fine boy who will take his developments. I told him: He will be one of the best midfielders in the world, I’ll commit myself to that. He just has to turn a few screws and he will turn them.”
Gravenberch has played a total of 351 minutes in eleven games this season. He managed a goal and an assist.
FC Bayern – rumor: Erling Haaland demanded this from FCB
Star striker Erling Haaland apparently asked for an exit clause in his new contract for a possible move to Bayern Munich last summer. This reports the picture.
Accordingly, the 22-year-old Norwegian would have liked to have a fixed transfer fee written into his contract for a possible signature with the record champions, with which he could have left the club.
A no-go at FC Bayern, which generally does not equip its players with such clauses – this was the case most recently with Franck Ribéry, since then, according to the report, no player in the Munich squad has had such a clause in the contract.
Haaland release clause at 200 million euros?
As is well known, Haaland switched from Borussia Dortmund to Manchester City, where there was also confusion about a possible exit clause.
While coach Pep Guardiola denied, Haaland should According to various media reports, however, Citizens can leave for 200 million euros.
FC Bayern Munich: The next games
|October 22, 3:30 p.m||TSG Hoffenheim||Bundesliga||away|
|October 26, 9 p.m||Barcelona FC||Champions League||away|
|October 29, 3:30 p.m||FSV Mainz 05||Bundesliga||home|