UEFA asks eight clubs to pay for PSG and Milan

The European Football Union (UEFA) has fined eight top European clubs, including French champions Paris St Germain and Italian champions AC Milan, for breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP).

The First Chamber of the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) found that Milan, city rivals Inter, record champions Juventus and Conference League winners AS Roma from Italy’s Serie A, as well as Ligue 1 representatives PSG, AS Monaco and Olympique Marseille and Turkish top club Besiktas did not meet the so-called break-even requirement in the period 2018-2022, so they spent more money than they earned.

The eight clubs have been fined a total of €172m, which will be withheld or paid directly from the proceeds from participation in UEFA club competitions.

However, only 15 percent (a total of 26 million euros) are due immediately. The remaining 85 percent (146 million euros) are suspended.

This is four years for Inter Milan and Roma, and three years for the other six clubs. Paris St. Germain was hit with the biggest penalty: ten million euros are due immediately, 55 million euros on probation.

19 clubs that took part in the 2021/22 UEFA club competitions, including Bundesliga representatives Borussia Dortmund, Union Berlin and VfL Wolfsburg as well as international giants Manchester City, FC Chelsea and FC Barcelona, ​​have the break-even requirement according to UEFA only “technically” fulfilled thanks to the application of the corona relief in 2020 and 2021 or due to historically positive financial results.

From the 2023 financial year, the COVID relief and the consideration of historical financial results will no longer apply.



https://nextpress.news/

About Admin

Check Also

Team - preparation for the World Cup in Qatar: training camp, friendlies, schedule, arrival, squad announcement

Team – preparation for the World Cup in Qatar: training camp, friendlies, schedule, arrival, squad announcement

In less than two months, the 2022 World Cup will start in Qatar. Training camps, …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.